SEO Ranking Software
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website to rank higher in search results pages (SERPS). This can increase web traffic and improve the site’s visibility.
SEO tools automate many of the tasks associated with search engine optimization, including keyword research, backlink analysis, and content creation.
In addition, search engine positioning software can help improve optimization efforts’ accuracy by providing up-to-date data and insights for your web pages. As a result, businesses that invest in SEO platforms can often achieve greater success with their optimization campaigns, as well as begin to make more money online.
Best Local SEO Software
Local businesses can benefit from using SEO tools and software in several ways. First, keyword research tools can help local businesses research and target the right keywords. This is important because choosing the wrong seed keywords can waste time and money on marketing efforts that don’t reach the right audience or help with search engine rankings.
Second, rank-tracking tools can help local businesses track their progress and see how their website ranks in search engine results pages (SERPS). This is important because it allows businesses to see whether or not their SEO efforts are paying off.
Finally, SEO software can help local businesses to automate their link-building efforts. This means they can spend less time manually submitting links to directories and instead focus on other aspects of their business.
Importance of Local Search Engine Optimization
If you’re running a local business, you know how important it is to rank high in local search results and Google maps. But what’s the best way to achieve this?
When it comes to ranking in search results, local SEO is essential. The higher you rank locally, the more visible you are to potential customers and the more likely they will visit your store or website.
SEO is essential for growing your business in 2023. There are hundreds of SEO tools out there, and it can feel overwhelming to narrow down which tools to use. You don’t want to invest in the wrong SEO tool. Luckily, we’re here to make your transformation into an SEO pro as easy as possible, so here are our favorite local SEO tools.
Our Favorite Local SEO Tools
- Surfer Local – We have been using Surfer for national SEO for a while but recently signed up for a paid plan to Surfer Local. Surfer Local shows a grid of your local area and how your business is ranking for your keywords. Surfer Local gives you a list of tasks to complete using AI Tools for generating content for your Google Business Profile. Then you can use the rank tracker to see how your business’s position is compared to your competitors. We are currently testing Surfer Local for Roe Digital but may start using it for our local SEO clients in the near future.
- BrightLocal – The best all-in-one local SEO platform. Bright Local is here to help you improve your rankings, provide you will valuable data, and grow your brand.
- Ahrefs – We use Ahrefs regularly for keyword research, backlink analysis, and looking at our clients’ competitors to look for keywords they might be missing. They have automated search engine position tracking reports that are sent out weekly so we can track progress on each site we manage.
- Semrush – If you want to improve your SEO rankings, Semrush is a must-have. It’s perfect for local keyword research and can help you get a leg up over your competition. Semrush also offers listing management and position tracking. It’s one of the best professional SEO software tools.
- RankMath – The website ranking report software tool, Rankmath is brilliant for helping your website with on-page optimization and content analysis. They have a plugin that you can use to optimize pages inside WordPress.
- Jasper.AI – Jasper is the most popular AI content generator on the market. Using Jasper, you’ll be able to post far more high-quality content for your website. Having more content will help your website rank higher.
- Surfer SEO – Surfer SEO will help you improve your website’s content for local search engines by providing you with local search data.
- Google Search Console – (Formerly Google Webmaster Tools) Google’s free tool allows you to measure your site’s traffic, see any issues and see how your site ranks on the search engine results pages (SERPs). You can use this tool to see what keywords or queries are driving the most traffic and impressions to your site; you can submit sitemaps and test your page experience on both desktop and mobile.
Best Platforms for SEO
With these six search engine optimization software tools at your disposal, your brand is well on its way to seeing major growth! But there is still more you need to know. Many other local SEO software options are available, each with its own features and benefits. In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into the best local SEO tools, as well as some other alternative SEO programs.
BrightLocal is a comprehensive local SEO platform that offers a wide range of features to help you improve your local search rankings. One of the standout features of BrightLocal is its local rank tracker, which allows you to track your progress over time, so you can see exactly how your efforts are paying off. Bright Local integrates with Google Business Profile and Google Analytics for detailed reporting. Using this powerful SEO software, you can maximize your digital marketing efforts.
Other features include local listing management, review generation, and citation building.
BrightLocal offers keyword tracking and white-label reports for SEO agencies, so you can easily share local keyword positions with clients.
Our favorite feature of BrightLocal is its local search grid. This gives you an at-a-glance view of how you’re performing for different keywords in different areas throughout your geographic area. We use it on our clients’ websites to see how they improve over time. You can read about some of our case studies here.
The price is affordable, and they offer a free 14-day trial that you can use without a credit card.
RankMath is a popular WordPress SEO plugin that offers everything you need to optimize your website for search. The plugin includes features such as local SEO metadata, Google Maps integration, and automatic schema markup.
RankMath is an SEO plugin for WordPress that makes it easy to optimize your website for local search. You will be provided with automatic suggestions for how you can improve your website’s ranking, and it also offers detailed reports so you can track your progress. RankMath also makes it easy to add structured data to your website, which can help you rank higher in search results.
Surfer SEO is a tool that helps you find the best keywords to target for your business. Surfer SEO provides detailed data about search trends, so you can see which keywords are most popular in your area. Thanks to Surfer SEO, you can grow your website’s SEO ranking at an accelerated rate, since you will be working off of proven data. You won’t have to rely solely on guesswork anymore!
GrowFlow is Surfer’s AI Growth Management Platform which guides you with AI-generated tasks to improve your SEO. We use GrowFlow as part of our SEO Writing Services to optimize page content and build internal links.
Surfer SEO is used by beginners and experts alike. There is even a free chrome extension for those just starting. The free extension provides you with content suggestions and basic keyword research.
Jasper is an AI-powered tool that integrates with SurferSEO, helps you write content optimized for search results, and generates high-quality images for your website. Jasper AI is one of the best low-cost tools for anyone looking to create more content.
The possibilities with Jasper are limitless. Jasper can help you write blog articles, social media posts, website content, product descriptions, emails, and just about anything you can imagine. All thanks to the power of machine learning.
Jasper doesn’t stop at written content, however. You can now use the AI tool to generate art and images. AI art is taking the internet world by storm, and Jasper is among the very best at it. Jasper is not alone in the AI content creation segment however, there are many worthy competitors. Learn about the best AI writing tools here.
Semrush is a comprehensive SEO platform that offers a wide range of features to help you improve your website’s ranking in search results. SEMRush offers local business listing management and their keyword tool gives access to a database of more than twenty billion keywords.
Semrush’s data is vast in scope, but also offers information on local SEO. Local businesses can use Semrush to see how they are performing locally and where there is room for improvement.
Semrush can also be used for local listing management, review management, and geographical position tracking. Taking advantage of this valuable data will help drive more traffic to your business and help take it to the next level.
Similar to Semrush, Ahrefs provides users with a mindboggling amount of keyword data. Where Semrush excels with local business SEO, Ahrefs is more about the bigger picture. If you are an online business looking to grow, Ahrefs will help you map out a comprehensive SEO strategy.
Moz Local is a local SEO software that helps you manage your business listings on multiple directories. Moz Local also offers features such as review monitoring and listing optimization.
Yext offers a suite of tools to help you manage your local listings, including the ability to track your listing’s progress, ensure that your NAP information is consistent across all listings, monitor your reviews and ratings, and get insights into how well your listing is performing. Yet also offers a free listing scan so you can see how your business appears on major directories like Google Business Profile and Yelp.
With Nearby Now, every time your team check-in at job site, your local SEO gets a little boost. Over time, those little boosts add up to better and better local rankings, driving more and more prospects to your website.
Whitespark offers a number of tools to help businesses with local SEO, including the following:
- Local Rank Tracker to track search engine rankings on Google and Bing in any city.
- Reputation Builder helps clients grow online reviews and increase customer feedback and testimonials.
- Local Citation Finder assists with finding key citations for competitors that are needed for local ranking factors.
- Whitespark offers Citation Building and Audit & Cleanup services to optimize local listings effectively through its Listings Service.
FAQs about Local SEO
How accurate is SEO Ranking Software?
Unfortunately at this time, none of the SEO Ranking software platforms are consistently accurate.
SparkToro solicited Google Analytics data from the web marketing community in July and August of 2022.
- Over 1,000 participants shared their websites’ traffic with SparkToro.
- Traffic estimates from four providers were compared against Google Analytics’ reported numbers: SEMRush, Datos, SimilarWeb, and Ahrefs.
SparkToro tested the accuracy of third-party traffic estimators and found that none of them were consistently accurate and recommended using SimilarWeb for larger websites, and Datos for smaller websites. See SparkToro’s report for details.
Can I do local SEO without a website?
Yes, you can do local SEO without a website. However, it will be more difficult to rank high in search results without a website because you will not have a platform to showcase your business’s information and content. Google provides you with several free SEO tools. You should claim and optimize your Google Business Profile which is free and easy to do. Keep an eye on your Google Search Console data, as that’s a free way to measure your progress. You can also create listings on other directories like Yelp and Yellow Pages.
Can I do local SEO for free?
Yes, there are a number of ways to do local SEO for free. First, make sure to claim and optimize your Google Business Profile. You can also create listings on other directories like Yelp and Yellow Pages. Additionally, there are a number of free local SEO tools that you can use to improve your website’s ranking, such as Google AdWords Keyword Planner and Google Trends.
What is the best local SEO strategy?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best local SEO strategy will vary depending on your business’s unique needs and goals. However, some general tips for improving your local SEO include the following:
- Claim and optimize your Google Business Profile.
- Get Reviews – Ask your customers to review your business on Google, Bing, and other directories.
- Increase links to your website – find opportunities for links back to your website, such as the Chamber of Commerce, vendors, and any local organizations you are involved in.
- Create listings on directories like Yelp and Yellow Pages
- Ensure your website’s content is relevant, informative, and up to date.
- Update your Google Business postings regularly.
How to create a successful SEO campaign?
An effective SEO campaign strategy can include: gauging the health of your website, competitor analysis, keyword research, high-quality content, optimizing on-page SEO, and link-building. For more information about creating an SEO campaign, check out the Semrush guide – How To Create a Successful SEO Campaign.